Metric 15 notes:
- Data source: BIA Faculty recruitment database, annual faculty recruitment reports, DaFIS DS, and PPS DS.
- Faculty hire dates lag the recruitment authorized fiscal year. Start date for hires is generally July 1 of the following fiscal year. For example, a recruitment authorized in 2012-13 that was successful would likely result in a hire in 2013-14. However, this pattern can vary, so it does not always follow that all hires in a given year were the result of the prior year's authorized recruitments.
- Hires in 2015-16 includes offers accepted with start dates that fall in 2015-16.
- These numbers include hires that occurred outside of the traditional hiring process (Partner Opportunities Program, Target of Excellence, and changes in titles codes into the I&R series).
- Separations have been shifted to the year following the separation to better reflect faculty available for instruction within a given academic year. The majority of separations occur during the final quarter of the fiscal year or after teaching for that academic year is complete.
- Figures represent professorial and AES positions. AES positions are excluded if there is no concurrent professorial or lecturer SOE anchoring appointment.